His love never fails. He never gives up on me.

Saturday 22 December 2012

A Change

Recently I've been feeling like my entire life is planned for me. I'm going to finish university, get a job, get married, knock out a few kids and live happily ever after, not with great misery neither with great adventure and this is starting to make me feel, for lack of a better word, bored. And frightened. I'm scared that I'm sitting by whilst everyone else 'lives' I'm going to miss out on ever doing anything particularly great or meaningful once I graduate.

Therefore I'm not going to do it my way anymore. If this is the best I can do with my life then I really don't want to do it my way anymore. I want to do extraordinary things and I want to do them for the one who saved my soul. Why should I decide everything and map my entire life out when God can do it better, and in a way which leaves me much more fulfilled and gives me a greater purpose: working for God's purpose. God has amazing things planned for my life, he's told me enough times! The woman who came through my till was the most obvious one, and I'm so excited for what he has planned. He's going to turn my life around in ways that I cannot even begin to imagine but this involves trusting in him completely. Therefore my proposal is initially to stop doing all the things I know I shouldn't do and that God doesn't like in order to be able to focus myself entirely on him and follow him completely and with my whole heart. The second step to this is to pray regularly, not just for guidance when I come to a decision, but for opportunities and guidance even when I don't quite realise that I need it, & to keep me from temptation and straying onto alternative and sometimes seemingly easier paths and thirdly to pray for revelation, pray that God will in his grace, reveal to me at least in part where he wants me to go and how he wants me to fight for him, fight for his people, and for reassurance that I am actually working where he needs me.

I've known for the last 18 months that God wants me in Brighton for a reason, and it's time for me to start to discover this. My life's going to be changed in ways that I can't even contemplate and I'm terrified, but I will trust in him because He is more capable than I could ever hope to be.

Not because of what I've done, but because of who you are

XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment