His love never fails. He never gives up on me.

Monday 22 October 2012

Another Turning Point, A Fork Stuck In The Road

I started a blog a week ago entitled as above, and I've left the title the same although what I have to say has changed. I was right in that I was at a turning point in my walk with God and I still am.

Last week, I went to a different church for the Sunday evening service. It's a fairly new church in Brighton and I've heard so many great things about it, like how welcoming the people are for one. Which rang true to me, but I don't know. Maybe it's that I don't like change but I just felt so uncomfortable there. I can see how for many its a really good church, really supportive but I really felt God telling me this wasn't where he wanted me, so much so that I wanted to run back to CCK mid-service. But I'm so glad God used that experience to speak to me. But then I also wasn't entirely content at CCK either. I've felt alone in a lot of circumstances, like it wouldn't really matter if I attended or not, leaving me wondering, when is my expiration date at this church? will I ever truly feel part of it? and most importantly, should I stay or should I go?

Fast forward to tonight, where I have a week behind me, including some huge emotional hurdles and some encouraging talks with friends, I walk into CCK alone. And it was like coming home, the same way I always feel when I return to my home church, the talk was really good, the worship, the format, everything just felt so suited to me. God used the service today to speak to me as well about his mission and getting involved but firstly myself needing to overcome hurdles and barriers that I've set out in front of me. So I went up for prayer today for the first time since starting that church which, along with the overwhelming sense of people actually caring about what was going on with me which is what I've been craving. God's calling me up to serve, and I just feel as soon as you become a part of a church's mission, you gain more of a sense of belonging plus with involvement it strikes up the opportunity to develop meaningful friendships with other Christians  another thing of which I've been craving. I fully believe that God calls his people to where he needs them at that moment in time and right now I feel that God isn't only calling me to Brighton but to this church in particular. God will also put you where you can grow and I trust in him.

Exciting times ahead!

XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment