His love never fails. He never gives up on me.

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Mercy

When crisis arose, I prayed.

 I believe in a merciful God, a merciful God who listens to our prayers and answers them, but healing has always been a sore subject to me, I know that God will heal, but I can often doubt that he will. But it is in God's mercy that he heals us. He heals us not due to entitlement but due to his vast compassion towards us.

But also, I'm slowly learning to trust in God and place more of my life into his hands. I can by nature try and be so organised, so controlling, so independent. But God has a plan for everyone's lives that is far better than anything we can imagine for ourselves. God's ways are different to my ways, & It's hard to think of death being anything other than opposite to healing. However if death means being with God, isn't that the ultimate healing? Far away from the pain & suffering that illness brings on earth.

The bible says:

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7)

God's ways are different to ours. This can be so hard to comprehend because of course we miss the person that's gone. We ask for healing & God in his mercy grants it. Not in our timing or our ways, but in his. This is perfect & although this isn't my way, I will trust in him.
I prayed for healing and God in his mercy granted it, proof in itself that God answers prayer!

'Not because of what I've done but because of who you are'

XOX


No comments:

Post a Comment